With Fotomoto you can automatically pay printing and shipping costs on an order using your PayPal account. When you connect your PayPal account to Fotomoto, you'll be asked to set a "pre-approval" limit, which is the maximum amount that can be charged to your PayPal account by Fotomoto. If your sales are good and you exhaust this pre-approval limit, Fotomoto will no longer be able to charge your PayPal account, and automatic order processing will fail.
This article describes the steps you need to take to re-connect your PayPal account so you can set a new pre-approval limit.
Go to the Payment Information page in your Fotomoto Dashboard
- Log in to your Fotomoto Dashboard
- Click the "Welcome [your name]" link in the top right corner
- Select "Payment Information" from the drop-down menu
Disconnect your PayPal account
- Click the "[Disconnect]" link in the PayPal section
- Note: You may receive an email from PayPal regarding the cancellation of your pre-approval. This is normal, and re-connecting PayPal as below will start a new pre-approval.
Reconnect your PayPal account
- Note that your PayPal account has been disconnected, and Fotomoto can not be used until a payment account is connected.
- Click the "Connect with PayPal" button and follow the prompts to re-connect your PayPal account as you did when you first connected it.