Every image on your website goes in to a "Collection" in the Fotomoto Dashboard, which controls how/whether the image is available for sale. Every Fotomoto account comes with three Collections: "For Sale", "Share Only" and "Not For Sale". Start by setting up products in your For Sale Collection:
Set up products
- Log in to your Fotomoto Dashboard and click the Store tab at the top, then scroll down to Collections section.
- Turn products on or off in the For Sale Collection, then click the product icon to change product and pricing options.
Be sure to see our Print Size Options article to learn how our system handles pricing for images at different aspect ratios.
Add Collections as needed
You'll use the For Sale Collection to control how the majority of your images are sold. If you need to make some images available differently (different prices, print sizes, etc.), upgrade your subscription plan to get more Collections. You'll get two more Collections on the Pro plan, and an unlimited number of Collections with Pro Plus.
For example, say you sell most of your images as fine art prints, but want to sell others as less-expensive "snapshots" You'd put your fine art images in For Sale, then follow these steps to create a new Collection for the snapshots.
- Click the "Add New Collection" button
- Give the collection a meaningful name ("Snapshots" for example ), choose whether or not you want to copy the pricing from another Collection, then click the "Create Collection" button.
- Set up products for the new Collection as explained above and add more Collections as needed to manage your store. Pro subscribers can have up to 5 collections, and Pro Plus subscribers can add any number of Collections.
Set your Default Collection
Any new image added to your Dashboard (see How Fotomoto works on your site) will go in to the Default Collection, indicated by the orange Collections icon. At first, the For Sale Collection is set as the default, but you can use any Collection you like. For example, if you don't want new images added to your site to be for sale, you could set your Default Collection to "Not for Sale".
To change the Default Collection:
- Click the settings icon next to the Collection you want to be the default.
- Choose "Make Default" in the drop-down menu.
Move your images into the Collections
- Click the thumbnail for the All Photos Album on your Store page to see every image in your Dashboard.
- Click the thumbnail(s) for images you want to move. Use the buttons in the toolbar to select all images, no images, or invert your selection.
- Click the Actions drop down menu, click Set Collection, then choose the desired Collection and click OK.